The Attorney General’s Education Loan Assistance Device helps borrowers:
- explore payment choices;
- make an application for federal income-driven payment plans;
- avoid standard or get loans away from standard;
- end wage garnishments, taxation reimbursement interceptions, or advantage offsets;
- resolve billing disputes with loan servicers;
- get loan details and information;
- stop collection that is harassing; or
- apply (in rare circumstances) for discharges.
To obtain help, please submit a student Loan Assistance Request. Whenever filling in the request, please explain your education loan situation in as much information as possible.
Your demand will be evaluated when you look at the purchase in which it had been gotten. It is vital you continue steadily to satisfy any due dates when you are waiting to listen to from us. In case the request will be better handled with a government that is different, we shall refer one to that agency.
The Attorney General’s Office cannot give you appropriate act or advice as the lawyer. When you yourself have questions in regards to the certain application or interpretation of this legislation, please check with an attorney that is private.